You Ought to Know - The Wabi-Sabi Writer

Wednesday, April 17, 2024

You Ought to Know


You ought to know

better


Know

 how

not to tear 

a soul

asunder

laying

waste

to a few moon's

worth

of blood

blood

side swiped

across

 slick

linoleum

lies


I saw you

with her

an older

shorter

stouter

version

of Me?

Ushering her

forward

down the aisle

her will

broken

by the hopeful promises 

you loved to whisper

when we women

wander

to far out

on our

own


You even kept me

a chained and neglected

pet

for your amusement

while you baited another


until

in your foolhardy 

frippery

fingers

flipped

a cd

into the car stereo

insisting I would like it

only to quickly 

rip it out

red faced

a bead of sweat running 

down from the thinning

edge

perhaps it was the your conscience

casting its shadow

that caught

my minds eye


I still remember 

the depth of my darkness

slowly sliding

the cd

in

and the words

reaching down into the depths of me

pulling forth 

vehement vitriol 

rage so red

the sun blushed


it was then the shackles

fell off

shattering into dust

at my feet

I stood 

firmly on 

my

own

and I knew



based on the prompt to write a poem inspired by a piece of music including the title

#wabisabipoetry

#100daysforLionel   

1 comment: