Sabi - The Wabi-Sabi Writer

Friday, April 19, 2024

Sabi


I am a horror show

of the wanton ways

of my youth

a youth

I so still cling to

like the once sherbert colored blanket

now but a tattered remnant 

But how I hold on to it

for dear life

it is mine

all 

mine

yet

know

it is long since dead

no longer struggling 

in my maw

no longer squirming

in my grasp


the veins

like blue ropes

wrap around

my arms

not to bind me to the bedpost


oh no

those days are but a shadow

 an augury 

to all 

around me

to my 

fading

façade

I watch 

as 

age

spots

bloom

and

creases

carve

their way across my 

face


still

I will 

not submit

swilling

sirtuin 

stimulating

substances

and willing

the world

to come for me

I am lurking in the shadows

waiting for you

mouth

watering




Based on the prompt to write a poem about what haunts you, then change this to hunt.

#wabisabipoetry

#100daysforLionel   

2 comments: