Words Worth - The Wabi-Sabi Writer

Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Words Worth


For weeks I scrolled

through the photos on my phone

for images of you

I would post these 

on my instagram 

page

story

reels

on repeat

for fear if I didn't

somehow it would all

disappear


Lionel love forever


I would listen to your meows

in the videos 

I now happily hoard

relish every howling octave 

that echo in the place where you had been

I hold a heart shaped weighted pillow

and envision you

trotting out from the Esalen forest 

my compassionate friend

offering wisdom

comfort

and

grace.


I did not want to write poetry

for nothing I would say

would bring you back to me

you are my Sir Lionel Words worth

without you

words

have

no

worth


But still

for you

I persist


for you

I am opening


 as Comfort

finds me

slips in

all sleek and onyx 

and 

I find the Grace

of soft silver

linings

in simple things


I will never run out of words for you

always have poems

to pounce

on

and pages

to hold

all the love

ten plus infinity

 lifetimes

worth


Lionel - love of my life.  



NaPoWriMo  Day 30

#wabisabipoetry

#100daysforLionel   

No comments: