Above Union Street - The Wabi-Sabi Writer

Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Above Union Street


Every morning I stare 

out my kitchen windows

smeared with city smut

seeking a clear view

I watch early risers

in lounge wear and puffy jackets

walk beloveds

dogs

children

up the street to the park 

where cherry blossoms mingle with the pine

and eucalyptus arches

cast early shadows 


Since the world

shut down

the cafes

stay closed

until close to the midday hour

in hopes of retirees

ladies who lunch

fill their parklet patio

while cars circle

seeking spaces

where now there are none.


Once a month or so

I see an ambulance

race up the hill

sirens screaming

lights flashing a street strobe

sometimes

I see a stretcher

and

no sirens

In the silence

 I hear

volumes


And ask

if not now, when?




 NaPoWriMo  Day 16


#wabisabipoetry

#100daysforLionel  

1 comment: