The Last Words - The Wabi-Sabi Writer

Monday, April 1, 2024

The Last Words


 

10/27/2023

At the table

once again

with my beloved


my constant companion 

to many morning pages and poetic paths


my keeper

of joy, love and random inspiration


my runner of hot laps 

grand golden tail proud and curling

as he would sashay his way 

over the obstacle course du jour

while my words hobbled behind


today 

I watch you

resting

in the warmth

of the cruel autumn sun


a deeper sadness

than I have ever known

wash over

me

watching

The clouds cast shadows 

over your gilded glowing

silhouette 

knowing

your stay is not long

and not knowing

my place

in this world

without you


 Sir Wordsworth

how my words fail me

so I call on 

every memory

every minute

from the moment

you chose me

... late night operas

...rooftop strolls

...laser and da bird jumps up the wall

...under the covers

...on my legs (and shoulders)

...stealing my French fries

...and peanut butter toast

...giving kisses and insisting kisses in return

...all the brushes, all the time

and love

always and forever


thank you for choosing me you have made my life beautiful and full of wondrous joy

- From my morning pages


The love of my life, Lionel was with me for another month and half before he left this world

1/6/2007 - 12/16/2023








NaPoWriMo  Day 1

#wabisabipoetry
#100daysforLionel

1 comment: