Swift Cheating - The Wabi-Sabi Writer

Monday, April 29, 2024

Swift Cheating



That’s the thing about illicit affairs

And clandestine meetings and longing stares

 Your touch

cold like snow

brought forth an incandescent glow

So Call me Machiavellian 

as if

 I care

Did you hear my covert narcissism

I disguise as altruism

Like some kind of congressman

 who charmed my dad with self-effacing jokes

an albatross in the poles

Bet I could still melt your world 

this argumentative, antithetical girl

Take the words for what they are

nothing but

 the dwindling, mercurial high

it is romantic how all my elegies

 eulogize me?

still 

like  an old cardigan

under someone’s bed

crumpled

and

forgotten

until you pulled me

over you

on you

forever

your favorite



Based on the challenge to write a poem using words from Taylor Swift Songs 

#wabisabipoetry

#100daysforLionel   

No comments: