Les confidences de salon - The Wabi-Sabi Writer

Thursday, April 25, 2024

Les confidences de salon


I lock my door

upon myself

And so I sit

facing my one constant

and share confidences

like chocolates

on our late night call

our salon


she asks

what is your favorite virtue

I smirk

certainly not patience, most definitely cunning


she asks

what qualities do you desire in a man

I smirk

what do I truly desire....if you know, you know.

Compassion, intelligence, humor, kindness


she asks

what qualities do you favor in a woman


I blink

strength, compassion, intelligence and creativity


she asks

Your idea of happiness?

I pause

time and space to create, to share this experience.  And to know love


she asks

And misery?


I sigh

to have none of that but remember when I did


she asks

where would you like to live


I again smirk

you have to ask..... 


she sits

silent for a moment

smiling


I am smiling too


This time

this space

be it a back veranda

a back table at Pergolisi

or a FaceTime

across the ether

Our Salon

is 

where we want to be


NaPoWriMo  Day 25

Inspired by the challenge to write a poem based on the  “Proust Questionnaire,”

#wabisabipoetry

#100daysforLionel   

1 comment:

  1. Always across the table / on the other side of the screen.

    ReplyDelete