Cicatrix Promises - The Wabi-Sabi Writer

Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Cicatrix Promises





Where to begin?

I scour 
every aching inch
of this life

as one must look for 
hidden
melanotic
marks
or
deep
bruising
offense

the memories 
ooze and clot
over ever open
wounds

I sobbed into the phone
desperately seeking
 my breath
your kindness
as I was letting go
of my beloved

As I waited
with your beloved
that stale
 December day
for the desperate hope 
somehow
someway
it would all be ok

You
desperately seeking
your breath
I touched your hand
your long-lashed lids fluttered

I made
silent promises
only a sister 
can
make

when I woke
drowning
in a sea of tears
desperately seeking
my breath
your kindness
you were letting go
of this world

My cicatrices
speak our truth
tell our stories
always
I will keep my promises





Based on the prompt to explore "the Dark Night of the Soul"
OctPoWriMo 2019  Day 1 


The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
and miles to go before I sleep.

-Robert Frost













2 comments:

  1. Beautiful and moving, this complex poem invites the reader to empathize with love and loss.

    ReplyDelete