A Cloacal kiss - The Wabi-Sabi Writer

Tuesday, October 22, 2019

A Cloacal kiss



Remnants of dreams
hang tattered
on the edge of my mind

I tried to darn 
them into a cozy 
recollection
but the gossamer
threads melt
like cotton
candy
in the rain

Birdsong
on the counter speaker
outside the windows
in my head

The laughter
of a single
parrot
in the distance
I wonder where
the other went
they used to sing
in pairs

The pigeons
grow tame
on the escape
the squirrel
aggressive
the chickadee
trills 
pretty
and the finch
finds space
between it all

We watch
Lionel longs
and the pigeon
preens
his white and grey
marbled feathers
as the fur
quivers 
along the cat's curled
tail

The breeze
seeps in
crisp
apple
and
autumn
intentions

We have it here
words have it here

The kitchen is our sanctuary

I bleed all my pens dry





OctPoWriMo 2019  Day 22

*Original Artwork - Jenny Astramowicz © 2019

No comments: