Allofeeding - The Wabi-Sabi Writer

Saturday, October 12, 2019

Allofeeding



The wild winds
descend 
like violence
on the city
whipping trees
gusting down the streets

birds flee the wires
seeking refuge
on rooftops

like we who shelter
our world-worn eyes
in our hands

words
do not so much as
fly
as they simply
get carried
away

the long arms
of yet
another 
day
stretch out
before
me

I want to savor
my time
in her embrace
save
the
best
of the moment's
bounty

the one glorious
last bite

Panic gnaws
at my core
a hunger cry
that the light
will run out
leaving me
wanting

wisdom
like morning
birdsong
sings

to have a sense of abundance
I must also trust
there will not be
another drought
that I will not starve
even as the hunger
consumes
my
being

to have a sense of acceptance
I must also surrender
to the present
to be held
in loving
cupped
hands
fed
from the mouth
of kindness

like the sweet
barn finch
offering the seed
to the fledgling

beak to beak
a kiss
a "last bite, for you"

So I open
my lips
to know 
yours
to accept all
the sweet
and salt
of you


OctPoWriMo 2019  Day 12

No comments: