Belladonna - The Wabi-Sabi Writer

Sunday, October 27, 2019

Belladonna




the single point in time
to when it all began
eludes
me
like my autumn
afternoon
shadow

I simply cannot
put my finger
on it

yet it remains
absolute

crawling along
concrete
walkways
and
meandering along
mossy scree
paths

I am stretched
long
like my shadow
thin
like
mountain top
air

you were my childhood
shadow

I tried to protect you
to keep you close
but can you put a shadow
in a paper bag?

I tried to escape you
to keep my distance
but can you lock a shadow
behind a door?

I tried to change you
to keep the fantasy
but can you hold a shadow
in a sodden paper cup? 

now I drag 
my cracked and bleeding
hands
on the ground
trying
to dig up
my shadow

now in the black
my shadow
is
gone



OctPoWriMo 2019  Day 27

*Belladonna - deadly nightshade

No comments: