Sacred Scars - The Wabi-Sabi Writer

Monday, October 28, 2019

Sacred Scars




I have long loved
skin
 silken smooth
soft 
like a rabbit
pelt

summer
bronzed
or
palest
porcelain

freckled
as
kissed by angels

and now
blooming
brown
in places
where 
time
has 
left
a mark

There are places
milestones
along my personal
skinscape

I remember

that thin white line
where the pairing
knife
struck
a gentle 
enough
warning
to keep my hands to myself

the white triangle
where the bike
dragged
me
across 
pavement
a firm
warning
to hold my line

the white half-moons
where the trail
launched
me
a sudden
warning
to keep my balance

It is coming
full circle

the first trip
around the sun

since you left

So I 
seek
tiny
sharp
needles
and
enduring
ink


the sacred scar
reminding
me
an immortal
keepsake
to hold my love  



No comments: