Vague - The Wabi-Sabi Writer

Monday, October 1, 2018

Vague




Lost
somewhere
waist deep
in the wasteland
well-mired
between Babylon
and
Amityville
horrors

Cocksure
I swam
palm over fist
away from the cursed shore
until the lines
were crossed
blurred behind
sea smoke
and 
one too many 
mirrors

I see
just in the nick
of time 

you
 crashing down
on me
pushing me
pressing me
holding me
down
down
down

the struggle is real

swirling and slamming
my spine against
the cold bed

there is no air
left
here

and in that tiny 
bubble bursting 
moment
time stops

 I
 stretch 
long
open
yielding
and
waive
my self
into
oblivion








Based on the prompt to explore what it is to surrender 

Image Credits
Creator:Sarah Lee
Information extracted from IPTC Photo Metadata


*vague - based on the French word for wave and Latin origin Vagus "wandering, rambling, strolling uncertain" 

5 comments:

  1. heart pounding and i can see you there, at the end

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading - looking forward to sharing this OctPoWriMo journey!

      Delete
  2. enticed me in....falling with you...glad you seemed to come up for air somehow...thank you..glad I discovered your blog and vulnerability

    ReplyDelete