Muze's Fancy - The Wabi-Sabi Writer

Friday, October 26, 2018

Muze's Fancy






Five pages
to freedom

the traveler
tired
and
worn
carries on
to
the 
end

a notebook lost
left behind
at the cafe
carefully turned in
like an infant
at the firestation
safe harbor
no questions
(or peeking)
asked

Forced observations
jotted down
with a borrowed bic pen
whet the muze's
thighs
with
word 
longing

it is too busy to be social
and I have tipped too little
to linger

ah Muze 
you are such a loose tramp
when the wine
flows
I intended to fast
but the addict
is in full swing
as my artist
is ignored
on the corner 
of the kitchen table.

I forget
how long the traveller
has been my
constant companion
surviving
the floods
of whoknowswhat
and 
many
a drinking
scribble.

ever vital
giving birth
to poem
and
novel notions
this 
traveler
tickles
the
Muze's
fancy
just
fine.


OctPoWriMo 2018  Day 26

1 comment: