12 Miles - The Wabi-Sabi Writer

Sunday, October 21, 2018

12 Miles




always
running
moving my body
forward
through
times

 around Dunn's
through the wooded trail
by the twin trees
that knew
my
all
the secrets

Billie held my hand
as we made our way around
my eyes closed
too innocent 
to know
a simple kiss
would be all that was needed
to take that
away

Yelling
Run!
to 
the
one
I tried to protect
from the trailerpark
cruelty
the cords
wrapped tight
around my wrists

Running
down 
steep
stone
stairs
towards
 any
open 
door
to 
hide
from
fists


I grew stronger
each
footstep
each
arch
purchase
made
with
solid ground
rebounding
towards
somewhere
anywhere
nowhere

It did not matter
Just keep running

blisters bubble up and burst
blood stained socks
broken bones
skin
stripped
 broken down
beneath sweat stained 
intentions
until only 
the exposed
raw
truth
of
me
my phloem 
remains






Inspired by the prompt to explore things you sometimes need to get off your chest.
When you felt strongly that someone needed to see things from your point of view

1 comment: