Sabi Shame - The Wabi-Sabi Writer

Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Sabi Shame




I hesitated for a moment then accepted the invitation.  An invitation to grow a friendship, a connection,  a relationship with someone with like-interests.  Those succulent, enveloping, delicious and rich interests that somehow both crack you wide open,  suck out your own unctuous juices and yet cup and cradle all your tender fragile precious parts like a fabergé egg.   I reveled in the wonderful possibility, like my cat atop the bookshelf.  Nothing to lose or so I thought, I let my kimono to blow wide open.  I did not see the flaw in my silks.  In my hubris I thought it would not matter for the threads are fine and gilded.  But all you could see was the sabi stain.  You stared unwaivering as my shame tied the obi tight.  Satisfied, you turned and walked away. 


not speaking the words
age is all that matters to you
it is you who lied






Inspired by the prompt to write a Haibun exploring 
what is it that you wish others knew about you

2 comments: