Gratitude Echos - The Wabi-Sabi Writer

Friday, October 5, 2018

Gratitude Echos






The first night
alone
not knowing
how I will
but I will
survive
the core deep
ache
I will miss
how having one hand
on his body
his skin
would calm my soul
and lull me to sleep

I am grateful for my kind and supportive friends
whose calls and kindnesses hold me in safe space

I am grateful for notes on Paris from many years ago
falling from my  journal - whispering reminders of times where I was content
on my own

I am grateful for views from my windows
for the beauty I can sometimes see


The first morning
mourning the start of another
day alone
not sharing a shower
a tea and toast at the table
no kisses or well wishes or
I loves you
to send me off to whatever lies
ahead


I am grateful for moments when I realize
that somethings will not change
and it is ok

I am grateful for yoga -  
the breath, the focus
and the tears

Another night
and it is hard again
the string 
holding hope
and me together
is pulled thin
and near snapping
breath stealing 
panic
blankets me
in the darkness


I am grateful for persistent friends
that reach out with  open  arms

I am grateful  for the sun shining
on the buildings outside my windows
and for that glow of hope


Finding the pieces
of me
strewn about
neglected under a bed
I made and spent too long
in denial
Is it only when my world
so violently throws me off
that I can find
balance?


I am grateful for this practice
even when I do not want to do it and feel 
nothing

I am grateful for  opportunities, doors (windows) 
opening even when 
it is so dark
I cannot yet see them




Years later

looking back
through the yellowed pages
between the lines
faded ink and tear stained sheets

I see
the path 
forward
was through

and I am grateful








Inspired by the prompt to write a poem to express being denied or being in denial.

2 comments:

  1. LOVING the back and forth on this and being able to physically see that in the margins of your poem. Especially that satisfying ending where two halves become whole again. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this”I am grateful for moments when I realize
    that somethings will not change
    and it is ok”

    ReplyDelete