Herding Mischief - The Wabi-Sabi Writer

Sunday, October 28, 2018

Herding Mischief






A long penniless weekend
overdrawn
and
overcharged

so the time will be spent
carefully
on care filling
things

I watch the day spread
a buffet of sights
at my kitchen
window

cool grey with only the slightest hint
of blue sky

the first church
chimes
nine

the wind wiggles
tree tops
and makes its way
in around
 the wooden sill

a decade has passed
the same street
the bridge
the bay
and
all who pass below

Ms. Wolfe would approve
I have a room of my own

space to herd words
like shy cats
avoiding the pen
somewhere lost
between the tiny
 synaptic spaces
and
kinetic scrawl
of a cramped hand.

I have to call them out
gently
slowly
without direction or insistence
just allowing them
to peek around 
the shadowed stone wall
tender footed in the field beyond

it is best if I let it happen

there will always be time for rigorous
discipline and routine

now is the time 
for kind reassurance
and loving embraces
safe spaces
to be seen
heard
and the touch
of form

nothing forced

the whispers and purr
the warmth of a sunbeam
through silk sheers
the well worn
sand on an open shore
a field beyond
the forrest
within a ring of stones
glowing 
dancing
flickering
flame

but it is me
who heeds the call
to come out
to come through

it is the words
that are calling
me




OctPoWriMo 2018  Day 28

1 comment:

  1. pent
    carefully
    on care filling
    things

    this might be my favorite line, ever.

    ReplyDelete