Long Con - The Wabi-Sabi Writer

Friday, October 2, 2020

Long Con




How I have settled

form melting

shapeless

no boundaries

left

to survey

Foundations

once sturdy

slide 

further and further

down

beneath

cracked

calloused feet

well-trodden

a path

swirls and snares

my round-heeled ways

in ink stained

 silly putty

spackle 


How I have fallen

an archangel

once 

young

now

no

longer

How I ache with greed

for what once was


Stil, I grow

my personal purgatory

Still, I create 

my own private Idaho


oh and how

still, I slide

into my stilletos


fuckhead




Day 2 of 31

Prompt: use grow, greed, for, path, create, young and fuckhead in a poem





5 comments:

  1. Cravings and yearning.. yeah we do have.. it's a beautiful piece.. even with a 'fuckhead'👌

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - haha - yes I struggled with that word in the prompt.

      Delete
  2. "How I have fallen an archangel once young now no longer." loved this poem! Each and every line is beautifully written.

    ReplyDelete
  3. “Personal Purgatory” great feel

    ReplyDelete