Origin - The Wabi-Sabi Writer

Friday, October 9, 2020

Origin

Love

I want the first word

to be love

to be

connected

kind

it is where

I start

the heart stone

it is the path 

forward


these are not small asks

my journey

makes

of 

me


things feel different

yet

nothing has changed

except the passing

of time

and space

to feel 


here

it is dark

the air 

chilled 

by stillness

and night


I resist rising

and sink deeper

into dreamy

comforts


dawn

cracks

like an egg

over the city

oozing

yellow ochre 

a vicious 

gel of intentions

it hangs

in suspension

over 

the mindless 

needfuls

and

make-believe

moments

left out to dry

until returning

back to black


Is this provenance?

or is it just 

a worn notch

on the circle


there is no end

only places

where 

we

pause

before resuming

our turn



 Day 9 of 31    

7 comments:

  1. Loved it.. especially the ending..
    there is no end

    only places

    where

    we

    pause

    before resuming

    our turn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you - I am grateful to have you as my reader!

      Delete
  2. Wow!
    "there is no end
    only places
    where
    we
    pause
    before resuming
    our turn"

    That last stanza blew me away. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific poem. Thank you. This struck me:
    "things feel different
    yet
    nothing has changed
    except the passing
    of time
    and space
    to feel"

    Exactly what we need: time and space to feel.
    Thank you! xoA


    ReplyDelete