Spoon - The Wabi-Sabi Writer

Friday, October 30, 2020

Spoon


As long as I can remember

you cupped me

in comfort

always

there

when I would crawl

into the bowing bed

beside you

curving around

you

a collapsed c

spread

past the midline

I would mold

to your shape

I was the shadow

cast long

in the autumn afternoon


If I woke you

the guttural

growl

and

shove

soon followed

so in stealth

I would slither

a silk sleeved serpent

tucking in

around your warm body

melting into liquid

that could fill any space

then the dance begins

all night

tossing

turning

twisting

leg over hip

arm overhead


like being locked in

 the weathered white

roller coaster

at Whalom park

You made me feel safe

enough to brave

the final drop-off 


October Poetry Writing Month 2020

Day 30 of 31   

2 comments: