Muni Musing - The Wabi-Sabi Writer

Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Muni Musing


My life is not so grand right now. 

however 

It is ripe 

with
near fits

 and reeks

 of near misses.

  But nothing is coming close enough to

stick... 

 I am sitting on the corner, 

watching my dreams catch updrafts
towards the bus cables

 like a pink plastic bag from china town.  

Some get
snagged

 temporarily stopping a bus

 - I think of getting on, but don't.


Some just vanish 

like rice paper in the rain. 

 Others plummet

 to the gutter

oozing 

into the sewer


  I am still on the corner 

Watching the time pass like the busses

 - 22, 30, 30 Express, 41, 45......
and I am beginning to think it is about time

 I start walking, 

instead of waiting.  

I might get somewhere that way


 Day 6 of 31  

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful... And yes waiting will not let u reach anywhere... Life gives answers only when we keep walking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - and so true. Funny how we pause in our footsteps at times only to realize we are better off if we keep going

      Delete
  2. "Like rice paper in the rain". Oh my, your visuals are beautiful xx a wonderful poem!

    ReplyDelete