Wabi-Sabi Warrior - The Wabi-Sabi Writer

Saturday, October 31, 2020

Wabi-Sabi Warrior

When will I wander

into my knowing

I am 

worthy


When will I wander

into the safety

of your 

embrace


For I am

a child

of

light


One who wanders

the endless dark

like the stars

planēta

on the path

of

shadow


When will I wander

through 

tearing tangles

bruising brambles

 time's thorn

and at last

see

the scabbed scar

truth

that my beauty

is 

in

my

imperfections


 long

have I 

wandered

 this world


long

have I

circled

the

sun


Forever falling

into

the

gravity

 of knowing

of accepting

of being


who I am

who am I?


 I am

a

wabi-sabi

warrior



October Poetry Writing Month 2020

Day 31 of 31   


Inspired by the word prompt:

worthy, embrace, light, dark, shadow, imperfections warrior

Image Courtesy of © J. Felice Boucher, Black Birds from "Wabi Sabi"




 

2 comments:

  1. Perfect, and strong, ending to OctPo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, Jenny. The repetition of "When will I wander", then THIS:
    and at last
    see
    the scabbed scar
    truth
    that my beauty
    is
    in
    my
    imperfections

    A masterful poem. xoA <3

    ReplyDelete