R I C E - The Wabi-Sabi Writer

Sunday, April 21, 2019

R I C E



Remembering
the year has changed
over
with
every 
page

the long march
through another
turn around
the
sun

my soul's
shoes
have
cushion
but are not
broken in

I stock up
on bandages
as blisters
bubble  and burst

wrap support
systems
to
immobilize
the parts
threatening
to snap

salves
of
distraction
to
ease

constant
abraision
of 
grief
against
fraying 
silken
heart
strings

This road before me
is too vast
to comprehend the effort
needed

so instead

a single step forward
a toe touch to the waters
a breath

and then another

whether I 
wander
or 
fall

I hear

the gentle call

to 
come 
back
home

to the moment

keep to the path

the way 
towards
healing
is
through



Rest

Inspire

Compassion

Elevate




NaPoWriMo 2019  Day 20

1 comment:

  1. "my soul's
    shoes
    have
    cushion
    but are not
    broken in"
    That's a strong, beautiful, and somewhat disturbing image.

    ReplyDelete