Charm Jar - The Wabi-Sabi Writer

Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Charm Jar





I have been keeping
gratitude
locked
in an air-tight
 glass mason jar

each moment
leaned against
words of another
folded
in on itself
as exhausted wings
in tupor

the vaseline glass
tube feeder
rests
near a crowd
 of my intentions

they flit and flutter
like Ruby-throated
hummingbirds
waiting to be fed

I lure them in
one by one
with
sugar water 
ink

I lay them
on top of the other
for safekeeping

I keep
my poorwill
hibernating
through
the eternal winter


Until the verdant time
when the chirp and trill
break the glass
and I am reminded
of my own
birdsong




NaPoWriMo 2019  Day 9

3 comments:

  1. This struck me: "...near a crowd
    of my intentions ..."
    Thank you. xoA

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I can hear the birds.

    ReplyDelete