Alcohol Ink - The Wabi-Sabi Writer

Monday, April 22, 2019

Alcohol Ink




I have spent my life
with words

 spiral bound
and
inked

 sophistry
story
and
poetic
justice

ink
mixed
with
alcohol
flows
out
of
the halo
across the page
it bleeds
over edges
pools in places
you do not want
so you add
more
alcohol
blow
hot
air
across the surface
urging 
an image
to form

It is best to let go
of attachment
the beauty is in 
the abstraction 
the familarity
the unexpected
enough to make you dizzy

Ink 
stains

the table
my fingers
and 
fringe

life

no matter
how

always
leaves
its mark






Based on the prompt to write a poem that engages with another art form

1 comment:

  1. I like this one. I like painting and poetry mixed. I like the painting (it's close to the colors I'd like to dye my hair).

    ReplyDelete