Homunculous - The Wabi-Sabi Writer

Thursday, April 4, 2019

Homunculous




Well hidden in the Bamboo
I settle 
on a slow afternoon cushion
a Buddha
with a bleached tooth smile

This is my Sangha
my place to reach
the nirvana
of a stranger's
tipped tiny hands
pressing up
all the arches
towards a heaven

She does not know

your cravings
how they enslaved you
until
became
your grind
you
my thrall

For years
we worked this land
sewing corpuscles crops
our acerbic toils
yielding

a verdant jungle
rife with tangled vines
to grow in my soles


She does not know

this
little
death
is the only one
I know




NaPoWriMo 2019  Day 4 

4 comments:

  1. I read through this poem three times. It pulls me in and says, "Listen, listen closely." Well done.

    Hopping by from NaPoWriMo though I'm writing poetry with the A to Z Challenge. I thought I'd check out some of the NaPo poets and I'm glad I did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Willow - I am grateful to have shared the poetic journey with you these past years. I have been very inspired by your A to Z Challenge and think I may do that in May.

      Delete
  2. There is an enlightenment in your words.Nirvana indeed! :)

    ReplyDelete