Eavesdropping - The Wabi-Sabi Writer

Saturday, April 20, 2019

Eavesdropping




I like to harvest words
while sitting alone
at a cafe

I sip wine or tea
and gather the notions 
in notebooks
I keep 
in my pocketbook

oh if they only knew...

"I like food.  Food is Good" (and evidently so is the wine) as the woman spins her fork in the chicken like it was spaghetti

"Omg - huge picture of her placenta"

"I saw the nipple - it was the scariest thing I saw in my life
all black, extended and dangling"

"We took hikes 
before your stroke..."

"the pig has to get paid"

an old woman
looks sad
but that is her face

she moves her mouth
in silent
conversation

I drain my glass
and turn the page





Based on the prompt write a poem that “talks.”

1 comment:

  1. Strong images. Each one evokes a visual of a person who would say that. Good job!

    ReplyDelete