Dexter would be A Muzed - The Wabi-Sabi Writer

Friday, November 1, 2013

Dexter would be A Muzed

Today is the day.  And it's going to happen again and again.  Has to happen.

At least until I reach the 50,000 word limit.  But I expect this will go far beyond that.  NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) provides the structure, motivation and forum to focus on my work.  It justifies my compulsion, soon to be addiction (if it all goes well).  

I have decided to be a Rebel  - one who does not adhere strictly to the rules of the game, but who still writes, and reaches the 50,000 word goal for the month.  I will take two partial works to the designated threshold during November requiring me to still write a minimum of 50K words.  This is a different approach than last year where I started two new works simultaneously in hopes that one would rouse the muze from her slumber and send the cursor scampering across the screen at 110 words per minute.  I did get promising starts on both but soon found myself caught up in whatever lifecrap was going on.  At the eleventh hour I donned my hero's cape and attempted to write one in less than a week.  Evernote word count was at 10K as I watched the clock on my phone go from 11:59 to midnight on Nov 30.  I turned off the iPad, accepting my defeat and falling into a dreamless sleep.

A year later, I have returned.  

Let's see what my dark passenger (a new nickname for my MuZe?) makes me do...

1 comment: