The Beginning of the End - The Wabi-Sabi Writer

Monday, July 15, 2024

The Beginning of the End


 

In the still

 early hours

of my ordinary day

I walked the two city blocks

I call home


I made my way

towards

the corner coffee cafe

serving hot drinks

to start

your day

the daily

broadcast

streaming

and

the chronicle

on the counter

 

where the headlines

read

Trump Survived Assassination Attempt

screaming red

 dirty thirties

in

helvetica 

black and white


I walked

past

the local hardware store

a curiosity shop really

packing in

newly delivered wares

where

outside

a car ambled up

the steep street

 Stereo

screaming

blasting

an

unfortunate

blunder

on

repeat

a right wing

call to war


I spied

the driver

dusky

leaning low

in his seat

seemingly

seeing

and

yet

still

blind



Photo Credit: Credit: MARK GARLICK/SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY



Camp NaNoWriMo  Day 15





#campNaNoWriMo2024 #wabisabipoetry

#100daysforLionel       

1 comment: