Moai and Mochas - The Wabi-Sabi Writer

Saturday, July 6, 2024

Moai and Mochas



I am but a foreigner

at Foreigner Cafe

waiting on one

who waits for an answer

from the oracle

sequestered 

in a knapsack

at my feet


We seek secrets

in a wild collage

of moons and moai

squeezed between

avocado toast

and mochas


nearby waits

a traveler

fresh and ready

to venture out into the wide world

as if pausing for permission


leaves us to wonder

whether a woman

living alone

on the distant hill

wills

us

forward

into our life


Am I

that woman

I am



* Moai -  monolithic human figures carved by the Rapa Nui people on Rapa Nui (Easter Island)


Camp NaNoWriMo  Day 6




#campNaNoWriMo2024 #wabisabipoetry

#100daysforLionel      

1 comment:

  1. “Tarot And Tiki Hut (restaurant and bar)”…nope, the old ones would have one of those statues headbutt me and it would be all over.

    ReplyDelete