The Way - The Wabi-Sabi Writer

Friday, October 1, 2021

The Way


 

the way

widens with well intended 

weeds

flattened by footfall

and memories

beneath the crisp clay

of time's

greying

like the silver streaks

I now share

with my mother's

mother

we call this blaze

wisdom

and we are wiser for it

for we know the way

with its course  curling

round roots

and over rocks

towards a once ineffable

now unavoidable

precipice 

So I pause here

and be

happy

for this moment

is my life




OctPoWriMo 21  Day 1

5 comments:

  1. It's beautiful calm and serene Jen👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this poem of gratitude, Jen. "we call this blaze Wisdom". Yes. Thank you. xoA <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has such an air of serenity. Jen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy to have found you. Huge fan of your work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am looking forward to sharing this journey with you and savoring your words!

      Delete