Lionel's Wisdom - The Wabi-Sabi Writer

Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Lionel's Wisdom




I plan my ascent

with three

intentions

a triple knot

tied tight

around

a towering tree

Will I make it

to the top

of my day?


intentions

bloom

mantras


Repeated and written

in breath and ink

across my mind space


words

without

meaning

like echoes

in unfamiliar alleys

startle

and soon

I lose my bearing


utterances

without purpose

become

white noise

hissing

like snakes in shadows

a gas leak

warning to be heeded


catch

your

breath

and

ask


What do I really need?


meanwhile

an insistent tabby

runs hot laps round the table

seeking love and attention

knocking pens and papers and my concentration

onto the floor


as if to say the answer

is simple


Seek love

pay attention


OctPoWriMo 21  Day 5


“A cat has absolute emotional honesty: human beings, for one reason or another, may hide their feelings, but a cat does not.” – Ernest Hemingway

No comments: