What If Walk - The Wabi-Sabi Writer

Monday, April 14, 2014

What If Walk

What if she didn’t leave?
What if she insisted they try something else?
What if they found it?
What if he lived?

What if I kept dancing and went to private school?

What if I never knew the dark corner of the abandoned shed? 
What if I was never asked?
Do I want to touch it?

What if I waited because I wanted to?
What if I studied and applied to ivy league schools?
What if I studied abroad?

What if I kept walking past the glass doors?
What if I left before the worst of it?
What if I did not take you back when you showed up at my door looking pathetic?
What if I didn’t run away fast enough after your fist slammed into my unexpecting belly?

What if I gathered my beloveds and my belongings?
What if I moved to Paris?

What if I didn’t have a miscarriage that Thanksgiving?

What if I trusted my instincts?
What if I told my secrets?
What if I keep my promises?

The only thing I can do is take one step forward each day through the tangled barbed wire weeds of wondering and know no matter what I am worth the walk 

3 comments: