Three Days - The Wabi-Sabi Writer

Monday, October 10, 2022

Three Days


8/7

I feel

Cool clean breeze 

through my open windows

where my cat sits

waiting

watching

for birds

for the day to blossom

out from the early morning

mist

I sit

pen in hand

and my chat noir

waiting

to bloom words

out of the morning fog

of my mind


10/4

Please come home

she pleads

in the mid night darkness

in the sloth of afternoon

and most of all

in the aching early hours

when my grief

consumes me

a vampire of my vapid life

My longing

sits 

on my tongue

like rice paper

adhering 

to my tastebuds

with all the intentions of the write

words

before rendering 

to a gummy glaze of regret

and then

nothing

but a faint

taste of bittersweet

sustaining

memories

remain


11/30

Numbness creeps in

on the heels of emptiness

Everything echos

with the silence

of your departure

I built a raft

try to stay afloat

in this storm


I have built

a home here

with many rooms

to hide

memories

in

closets 

to bury

emotions

way in the back

Numb is a neighborhood

no one admits to living in

what this low entry cost

no money down

dream offers

is a lie


a high interest reverse mortgage on your life

no one will take it 

of your hands

what you have done


no matter the price


foreclosure for me

is not an option as I am bound

by a sister promissory note


my only option

is to burn the place to the fucking ground


OctPoWriMo 2022  Day 10  

1 comment: