The Source - The Wabi-Sabi Writer

Wednesday, October 5, 2022

The Source



Knowing 
myself
my quest
my path

towards 
a one hundred and forty-two
point two
blaze
hung
high
in the forrest 
of me

I steady
myself
against 
the damp
mossy 
bark
of 
a
tall
tree
one
much
taller
than
me

and find my balance

but what if

this path
familiar
yet
overgrown
with root and rot
snarls and snaps
beneath
my feet
an invitation
to fall
to fail
to forget

Yet
that
grail

calls me
out

I hear it
in the foghorns at night
in the crow song at dawn
in the breathy cadence 
of my footfall
as  I run
the coastal trail
in the pounding hiss
as waves 
hit
and
retreat
back into the oneness of the sea

I ask
What do I hear
by a mountain stream?

What do I hear
in the hours
before dawn
when the streets are empty
and the city sleeps?

what do I hear
when I say, "I am"
to a soul I have 
just met

I say
I am
enough




OctPoWriMo 2022  Day 5 

1 comment: