In Madness or In Bed? - The Wabi-Sabi Writer

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

In Madness or In Bed?

So I find myself here, on the eve of the National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo as we like to call it) still pondering which story I want to go with.  Nothing like the last minute, right?  Truth be told, I have been thinking about this for a while.  I dedicated many a feverish night while I lay awake flu ridden on the subject.

During the day however, I was only able to sit sideways in my large marshmallow chair and mindlessly watch hours of Dexter, Special Victims Unit and the occasionally cooking show with tissues stuffed up my nose to stave off the relenteless nasal drip.  Research, reading or writing was out of the question - my  throbbing head would have none of it.

A week later I am able to breathe (most of the time, though still battling the phlegm and bronchitis demons) and take tenuous steps towards the Rubicon that calls me.

My two novel ideas in essence are either one that follows a young man into adulthood and psychosis or one that finds a young woman in an arranged relationship that completely tests her boundaries.

Basically, I have to decide if I want to spend the month in madness or in bed (though I suspect both will have a touch of the other).

Any intriguing prospect...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My check in (I missed Sunday's check in)

My daily morning pages continues tirelessly - thankfully writing in a notebook did not affect my headache so was able to stick with this.

Fences - remained only a desire for completion.  I am not going to make the goal of getting to a first edit state by the end of October.  I am planning on adjusting the ROW80 goals to include spending some of my time this upcoming month on it so long as I do not lose traction on the "Louche" (NaNoWriMo)

"Louche" - fed two birds with one seed by reading a novel (4 to go) for research purposes.  Also watched a couple of movies that provided some character and context.  If I go with this story line will be changing the title.

Wabi-Sabi - handwote some poetry and prose that will need to be entered into the blog.

Read November Writer's Digest.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you have been very busy for a sick person!

    Any chance you could blend those two stories? Both sound intriguing!

    I am spending most of my month in furs with my lusty characters with the deeply scarred emotional lives....I don't know what surprises they will have in store for me, beyond the several the Prologue and first chapter already sprang....

    I hope that, by the time you read this, you are well again! =D

    ReplyDelete