Smizing - The Wabi-Sabi Writer

Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Smizing




I wake
with the blush of dawn
filtering through 
the gauze of dreams

I start my day
gently

 nothing hurried 
nothing worried

cupping my intentions
like the bergomot tea
I drink slowly
by the open kitchen window

crisp breezes
joins me at the table
and tells me tales
of mornings
on the Cote d'Azure
I can almost hear
the turquoise waves
kiss the pebbled shore
as the busses 
roll through
on the wires
below

chatter and chirp
clammer in
to remind me
of the golden hour
in Aix
in the old town sqare
where afternoon wine
that unctous seductive red
is served
with warm olives
and wicked
laughter

I drain the last
of the memories
now tepid...
...still tasty

and head out
into a new day
with a smile




*Tressa, The Lackadaisical Poet and I challenged ourselves to write a "happy" poem since we have trended more serious, melancholic or dark.  This week's poem is inspired by the duchenne smile - or smiling with the eyes (smizing) which has the unique and exceptional tone that positive emotion and joy generate 

1 comment:

  1. Great imagery and learned a new term.
    Thank you for the shout out.

    ReplyDelete