Eight of Cups - The Wabi-Sabi Writer

Friday, April 27, 2018

Eight of Cups




Startled awake
by
shattering glass
and big ben alarm clocks

getting my bearings
in the snapchat 
bedroom
my feet
bare
and
cracked
land
on a cold dusty floor
littered
with 
instagram filters
and
gimcrack beliefs

Was
I was sleeping
through
life
?

This corpulent duffle 
of daydream
drags
me
down
deep
Alkmaar
grooved
on
my shoulders

I long
like
Atlas
to shrug

it
off


I slide the straps back
and let it fall
to yesterday's
floor

Freed from that peaty wasteland

I
find
my
path





NaPoWriMo/GloPoWriMo 2018 - Day 27
Based on the prompt to write a poem inspired by a random tarot card

EIGHT OF CUPS

Deeper Meaning
Moving On
Weariness





1 comment:

  1. "...floor littered with instagram filters and gimcrack beliefs", fantastic!

    ReplyDelete