In the Books - The Wabi-Sabi Writer

Saturday, November 30, 2019

In the Books



Another writing challenge in the proverbial books  (though I am still waiting for one to actually evolve into that published form).  This adventure was more about getting lost, finding a way, then losing it again and eventually relinquishing all attachment to any bearings.

So I will wander this winter - deeper into the wood -  for the trees are waiting
waiting for words


Again, you're gone
Off on a different path than mine
I'm left behind
Wondering if I should follow
You had to go
And, of course, it's always fine
I probably could catch up with you tomorrow


But is this what it feels like
To be growing apart?
When did I become the one
Who's always chasing your heart?


Now I turn around and find
I am lost in the woods
North is south, right is left
When you're gone
I'm the one who sees you home
But now I'm lost in the woods
And I don't know what path you are on
I'm lost in the woods

- Lost in the Woods
Lyrics by Jonathan Groff



No comments: