Ashes After the Rain - The Wabi-Sabi Writer

Friday, October 20, 2017

Ashes After the Rain



So
Haunting
the memories 
of wanting
you

I still feel
the twinge tingling
the fluttering beat
the rung out
core of my being
desperate
for you

You stared 
back at me
as if you knew my thoughts
your plump plum lips
ripe for the tasting
Your words
an invitation 
unanswered

Your hand
rough and warm
offered to me
as proof
My fingertips
would graze over
until 
they entwined
with yours
holding
still
holding
back
holding the secret
for just a moment longer

Oh how I was filled
to my edges
my walls
swelled
with want
for you

I am
helpless
here
there is no washing away
the  eager evidence
of my longing

Longing clings like ashes
after the rain




4 comments:

  1. Wow! This is so powerful, evoking a mood of longing. This struck me first:
    "the rung out
    core of my being
    desperate
    for you"
    AND that ending! Wow. Thank you. xoA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Powerful imagery .. loved the sweet sensations...

    ReplyDelete